Wanna Survive The Holidays???
Here are a couple quick and easy tips to minimize the impact of the Holiday meals on your progress.
- Skip breakfast. Use Intermittent Fasting as a tool. You’re gonna get plenty of calories to support your needs today.
- Drink plenty of water. Thanksgiving food tends to be higher in salt, so stay hydrated.
- Follow the 80% rule. Eat until you feel 80% full, not stuffed like the turkey.
- Focus on protein. Protein provides fullness and has a high metabolic cost to digest and absorb.
- Use your hand as your guide. Men: 2 cupped handfuls of carbs, 2 fistfuls of veggies, 2 palm sized portion of protein, and 2 thumbs of fats. Women: 1 cupped handful of carbs, 2 fistfuls of veggies, 1 palm sized portion of protein, and 1 thumb of fats.
- Instead of a nap after the meal, take a nice walk instead.
- Try to limit your alcohol consumption to 2 drinks. Alcohol suppresses leptin, which makes you feel full, and also dulls your taste, so you’ll tend to eat richer foods.
Most importantly, enjoy the time with your family and friends, and don’t punish yourself if you overdue it. Tomorrow’s a new day!
Want online Personal or Group Coaching? Shoot me a message here, on Facebook (Renegade Fitness), or on Instagram (renegadefitnessmiami)
I’m here to help!